I made this recipe for the first time for my birthday a few weeks ago. Usually I’d bake something but, honestly, I didn’t have time between grocery shopping, laundry, taking care of Nate, and yes, cooking my own birthday dinner.
Don’t get me wrong – Joe would have happily taken me to dinner. I decided, though, that it was easier and more comfortable to stay home. Nate eats dinner around 5:30 pm. We start putting him to bed by 6:30. And we don’t have a babysitter. Our families live out of state and we’ve never left him with anyone.
We have friends who have offered to watch him. And I’m sure someday we’ll take them up on it. But for now, we’re quite happy this way. (I am not alone in this, right?? How many of you didn’t use a babysitter when your kids were tiny?)
All of that to explain that this dairy-free fondue is so quick and easy you’ll be able to whip up dessert any old night. Trust me, this recipe is not just for Valentine’s Day.
Nuts.com sent me the cocoa butter. I love, love, love it. It makes a dairy-free, refined sugar-free chocolate that really tastes like chocolate. I got to know the folks at Nuts.com a little better when I was planning Nourished as they were one of our sponsors. I really like them. Honest Able.
Other Dairy-Free Chocolate Fondues (not necessarily refined sugar-free)
- Allergy-Friendly Chocolate Fondue from Cook IT Allergy-Free
- Easy Dairy-Free Chocolate Fondue from Food Your Way
- Dairy-Free Chocolate Fondue from Go Dairy Free
Are you rushing off to get your blender out? I hope so!
Serves: makes about ¾ cup
- Put the cocoa butter, coconut oil, honey, and cocoa powder in your blender. (I used my VitaMix.)
- Heat the coconut milk in the microwave until it's very hot but not boiling, about 45 seconds.
- Pour the hot milk over the other ingredients in the blender.
- Start on low and gradually increase the speed until the cocoa butter is fully melted and the fondue is smooth. Scrape down the blender if necessary.
- Taste and add stevia if desired. Mix to combine.
- Fondue will thicken as it cools. To speed up the process, put the fondue in the refrigerator.