Contest Closed 1/5/10
Today I have a simple and delicious gluten-free, sugar-free recipe to share with you along with a new book that I just adore. It’s one of those books I can actually cook from without having to make any changes at all.
And I’m giving you a copy, too.
It’s The Spunky Coconut Grain-Free Baked Goods and Desserts: Gluten Free, Casein Free, and Often Egg Free by Kelly Brozyna, who authors the popular blog The Spunky Coconut and also wrote The Spunky Coconut Cookbook: Gluten Free, Casein Free, Sugar Free.
Kelly’s New Book
Kelly shares my passion for healthier food and uses ingredients that add nutritional value to desserts and baked goods. Yes, her cooking style is a little different than mine but I think she’d agree our general goal of eating well is the same. Kelly is grain-free, casein-free (which means she’s dairy-free, too), often egg-free, and uses no refined sugar. Though I can tolerate grains, dairy, and eggs, I love every recipe of hers I’ve tried.
I’ve got many more recipes from Kelly’s new book on my ‘to-make’ list, including:
- Divine Vegan Fudge Cake
- Best Ever Brownies with Mint Frosting
- Buckwheat Soda Bread (This bean-based recipe is sheer genius!)
- Foothills Bagels
Try her healthier Coffee Cake recipe – you’ll love every last bite. Joe and I did – and Joe doesn’t even like coconut.
- 2 cups cooked white beans, room temperature,
- 6 eggs
- ¾ teaspoon Vanilla Creme liquid stevia (do not measure over the batter, just in case it spills out)
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- ⅓ cup honey
- ¼ cup coconut oil, liquefied
- ⅓ cup coconut flour
- ½ teaspoon sea salt
- ¾ teaspoon baking soda
- 1½ teaspoons baking powder
- 3 cups of walnuts
- 2 tablespoons coconut oil, liquefied
- ½ cup coconut sugar
- 1 tablespoon cinnamon
- In a food processor, puree the beans, eggs, liquid stevia, vanilla extract and honey.
- Add the coconut oil, coconut flour, sea salt, baking soda, and baking powder. Puree well. Pour into a large (9 x 13) greased pan.
- In a food processor, puree the walnuts, coconut oil, coconut sugar, and cinnamon. Spread the crumble topping over the cake batter. Using a fork or knife, really swirl the topping into the batter.
- Then pat the topping down.
- Bake at 325 degrees for about 25 minutes.
- Great hot or cold from the refrigerator. Store in the refrigerator after the first day.
Win Kelly’s Book!
- Leave a comment. I love hearing from you!
- Keep up with Kelly’s blog, The Spunky Coconut, via RSS, Facebook and/or Twitter.
- Keep up with SS&GF via e-mail, RSS, Facebook, and/or Twitter.
- Share this give-away & Kelly’s new books on FB, Twitter, or your blog. On Twitter, mention Kelly (@SpunkyCoconut) or me (@Amys_SSGF).
- Visit The Spunky Coconut – find something yummy to make and share it in the comments.
Contest Guidelines: Contest will close on Tuesday, January 4th at 11:59 pm CST. Winner will be announced on SS&GF and notified via e-mail. Open to continental US & Canadian residents only – sorry to my international friends.