Contest Closed 1/5/10
Today I have a simple and delicious gluten-free, sugar-free recipe to share with you along with a new book that I just adore. It’s one of those books I can actually cook from without having to make any changes at all.
And I’m giving you a copy, too.
It’s The Spunky Coconut Grain-Free Baked Goods and Desserts: Gluten Free, Casein Free, and Often Egg Free by Kelly Brozyna, who authors the popular blog The Spunky Coconut and also wrote The Spunky Coconut Cookbook: Gluten Free, Casein Free, Sugar Free.
Kelly’s New Book
Kelly shares my passion for healthier food and uses ingredients that add nutritional value to desserts and baked goods. Yes, her cooking style is a little different than mine but I think she’d agree our general goal of eating well is the same. Kelly is grain-free, casein-free (which means she’s dairy-free, too), often egg-free, and uses no refined sugar. Though I can tolerate grains, dairy, and eggs, I love every recipe of hers I’ve tried.
I’ve got many more recipes from Kelly’s new book on my ‘to-make’ list, including:
- Divine Vegan Fudge Cake
- Best Ever Brownies with Mint Frosting
- Buckwheat Soda Bread (This bean-based recipe is sheer genius!)
- Foothills Bagels
Try her healthier Coffee Cake recipe – you’ll love every last bite. Joe and I did – and Joe doesn’t even like coconut.
Win Kelly’s Book!
- Leave a comment. I love hearing from you!
- Keep up with Kelly’s blog, The Spunky Coconut, via RSS, Facebook and/or Twitter.
- Keep up with SS&GF via e-mail, RSS, Facebook, and/or Twitter.
- Share this give-away & Kelly’s new books on FB, Twitter, or your blog. On Twitter, mention Kelly (@SpunkyCoconut) or me (@Amys_SSGF).
- Visit The Spunky Coconut – find something yummy to make and share it in the comments.
Contest Guidelines: Contest will close on Tuesday, January 4th at 11:59 pm CST. Winner will be announced on SS&GF and notified via e-mail. Open to continental US & Canadian residents only – sorry to my international friends.