Do you ever get bored of plain water? I do. We’re supposed to drink at least eight (8-ounce) glasses of water a day. And according to this water intake calculator, if you workout you need even more water to stay hydrated. Often, I want something a little different than plain H20. It gets boring after a while.
If you’ve landed on my blog, I know you and I agree that there’s no sense in bogging your water down with unwanted sugar and calories to make it taste better. I would bet that you’re also at least a little focused on wellness and would love a little wellness in your glass of H20.
There are some amazing health benefits to the ingredients in this recipe. You’re going to love it.
Let’s look at the benefits of ginger:
- supports digestion and helps with nausea – and it can even help with bloating
- helps with detox, which in turn gives you an immune boost
- contains the compound gingerol which can help reduce inflammation
Grapefruit has some incredible benefits too:
- excellent source of vitamin C, which supports the immune system
- helps prevent free radical damage
- can help reduce inflammation in the bones and joints
- high in antioxidants, which can reduce free radical damage
I’ve also added some lemon to the recipe, which is another power-packed food and has many of the same benefits of grapefruit.
So you’re in, right? You’re grabbing your blender right now and mixing up a big batch of this water.
How do you like your water? Do you drink enough of it?