2/14/10 – Give-Away Closed
Joe looked at me after lunch and said, “Honey, you don’t have to answer this right now – but when are you going to take a picture of those cookies so I can eat them?”
Coming from a man who doesn’t like almond butter means that these cookies are really good.
I’ve never been one for premixed gluten-free baking blends. I like to mix my own flours. I know exactly what’s in the mix and in what proportion so I have total control over the final product. There are a couple of drawbacks to this, one being storage for all the different flours I have. The other is the learning curve that comes along with the different flours which, at least for me, means failed attempts.
With some reservations, I tried Pamela’s Baking & Pancake Mix for this recipe, made by Pamela’s Products. They generously sent me a bag to try and some to share with you. The resulting cookies are soft, delicious, and spread like glutenoid cookies in the oven. I was also quite impressed with how great they tasted the next day – not crumbly or dry and just as yummy as they were the day before.
Baking with this mix is easy. Really easy. Just measure and dump – no need to think about xanthan gum, baking soda, baking powder, salt…it’s all in the mix.
I wouldn’t hesitate to use this mix when baking for friends and family because it’s so strikingly similar to regular old flour. No one would ever know the difference. It’s got some nutritious ingredients, too – brown rice, almond meal. For my own every day breakfast muffins or afternoon snacks, I’d probably lean toward quinoa, garbanzo bean, buckwheat, and millet flours for the added nutrition.
Last Week’s Winners
Congrats to the NuNaturals Stevia Give-Away winners as determined by Random.org: Katrina from Gluten-Free Gidget, and readers Megan, Robyn, and Andrea.
This Week’s Give-Away!
Thie week 3 readers will each win:
- 1 (24 oz.) bag of Pamela’s Baking & Pancake Mix
- 1 (12 oz.) bag of Pamela’s Cornbread & Muffin Mix
- 1 (19 oz.) bag of Pamela’s Gluten Free Bread Mix
A note – the Gluten Free Bread Mix does contain organic, natural evaporated cane sugar so I haven’t tried this myself.
Here’s how to enter:
**This is the 3rd week of give-aways and I have several more weeks of fabulous prizes to go…the entry methods might be getting a little old by now. Sorry. If you have a better idea, let me know.
- Visit Pamela’s Products & comment about something you’d like to try.
- Tweet about this give-away with a link and leave a comment telling me you did.
- Post about the give-away on your blog with a link back and leave a comment telling me you did.
- Subscribe to my feed either via RSS or e-mail – leave a comment so I know. (Button for this at top of page.)
- Follow me on Twitter – again, leave a comment. (Button for this at top of page.)
- Add me to your friends on Facebook with a comment. (Button for this at top of page.)
Open only to residents of the 48 continental United States…sorry to all my international friends.
Boring Full Disclosure Statement: I did receive free products from Pamela’s Proucts. I am not being paid to share their products with my readers. Instead, I am sharing them because I like them.