I was going to save these gluten-free, refined sugar-free, dairy-free lemon bars for next week. After sharing the photo on Facebook and reading your comments I just couldn’t make you wait.
But First, Have Lunch With Me…
Tomorrow (Friday, April 8th) from 12 – 1 pm CST I’m going to be on Twitter chatting about my new book and giving away 5 copies during a ZipList Lunch.
Here’s all the details you need to chat with me:
- Follow me on Twitter: @Amys_SSGF
- Follow ZipList on Twitter: @ZipList (they’re hosting the event)
- Use this hash tag when you tweet: #ZipListLunch
So brown-bag it on Friday and we’ll talk food, SS&GF style.
Now back to the lemon bars…
You’ll love the way the crust melts in your mouth, followed by the perfect balance of sweet-tart lemony custard filling.
Joe doesn’t like coconut. I love it. Since there’s just two of us that eat whatever comes out of my kitchen, I try to stick with foods we both like. I couldn’t resist making these bars, though. And, what do you know – Joe liked them so much he ate not one but three. (So did I…)
I took the rest of my lemon coconut bars to a local speaking gig I had. A group of seniors who definitely aren’t gluten-free gobbled them all up.
Other Gluten-Free Lemon Recipes:
- Lemon & Almond Polenta Cake from Joy the Baker
- Lemon Meringue Frozen Yogurt from SS&GF
- Lemon Dill Salmon from A Year of Slow Cooking
- Lemon Earl Grey Cookies from Tasty Eats at Home
What are your favorite spring recipes? If you’re reading this in an email, click over to SimplySugarAndGlutenFree.com and let me know what you’re craving & cooking up now that the weather is warmer.