Last year after Memorial Day I went by Sur la Table and bought a red, white, and blue set of fabulous picnic ware to use for this year’s celebration. Well, I just wrapped that and packed it in a box. Maybe I can use it for the 4th of July.
It feels like we’ve been packing forever. I’m just grateful we’ve been able to do it in small parts. It would be a haphazard mess if I had to pack up our entire house in a couple of weeks.
I’ve still squeezed in some reading late at night before I pass out. I know some women can’t sleep during the third trimester. I am so tired when I crawl into bed every night that falling asleep isn’t an issue, even if the baby is kicking up a storm.
- I’ve created an entire board on Pinterest devoted to Summer Cookouts. I’ve pinned lots of gluten-free recipes and others purely for inspiration.
- Clean Food by Terry Walters – one of my favorite books for fresh, seasonal cooking!
- Strawberry Beet Protein Smoothie
- Summer Berry Trifle with Coconut Flour French Pound Cake
eBooks & Websites
Over the last several months I’ve been reading and implementing new household management strategies. This doesn’t come naturally to me – if we could afford it I’ve have a full-time cleaning staff. And, with Nate and baby #2 on the way it’s important that I’m as efficient as possible. Here’s a few things I’ve been reading.
- Getting it Together: Your Guide to Setting Up a Home Management System that Works
- Clean (enough): Simple Solutions for the Overwhelmed Homemaker
Have a wonderful holiday weekend!!